As companies navigate the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, several key issues need to be considered to: prevent, prepare and predict. Finding ways to reimagine a business-as-usual environment, that minimizes disruptions for the organisation, requires a fine balance. Given this, the speakers on the panel elaborated on planning and executing business continuity in an unprecedented situation like COVID. Most organizations have BCP for a one-off incident which lasts a few days and impact a few locations. But COVID has impacted the entire organization, its supply chain and people, on a global scale. In many cases, despite the absence of a guidebook to go by -- organizations have been able to quickly plan and roll out BCM.
Given the ongoing process, the discussions on the webinar delved into some of the following questions:
• How are organisations building resilience in preparation for the new normal?
• What have been some of the key learnings from this?
• How can organizations efficiently plan for the current transition and prepare for the future?
• What are some of the critical measures that have been mandated going forward?
• How is the industry grappling with the immediate effects of Covid-19 – how do they plan to normalise the process?
Below is the complete recording of the webinar: